Anyone know anything about this skimmer/brand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a very good skimmer. It's basically an Octo NW150 that cost about $80 more.
The ASM G-2 may be rated for 300...but cut that in half and it's more realistic.
What's your budget for a skimmer? The Octo Extreme 250 would work great on a 300.

Budget is no matter however it fitting in my sump is. I have the model 4 high capcity sump made by marineland. I wonder if it would fit?

I dont think it would fit my sump do you happen to know of any good protein skimmers that would fit in the sump i describerd. The ASM G-2 fits just right so I need something along those dimensions, no bigger.

There is not alot of skimmers rated for 300g that small. Your looking at a 6.5" body diameter on the ASM, which would never be enough skimmer for that size tank.
A Tunze 9015 would fit. This BubbleKing Mini200 would probably work too...but at a price. :)

Ahh the Bubbe King..... maybe someday. For now my Octopus is working pretty good. However, I think it is time to mod the NW

If size is an issue, would it be possible to have two smaller skimmers working in unison? It would open up your options a lot.

If size is an issue, would it be possible to have two smaller skimmers working in unison? It would open up your options a lot.

Unless you happen to have 2 skimmers sitting around collecting dust then buying 2 is going to be more expensive then buying one that is rated for your tank. Also you have to consider you will have maintenance on 2 skimmers as well as energy consumption for 2 pumps rather then 1.

I run an ASM G4X on my system.

Yea, unfortunately I didnt really think about upgrading the skimmer until I received the sump. Marineland did a good job of constructing the sump but it limits you to getting their insump protein skimmer rated for a 300 gallon. Does anyone know how the marineland in sump protien skimmers they recently came out with are? I really wish I thought more about this before I bought the sump...

I just looked at it online. I don't know. I don't think I would have it on my system but that is just me. I have no idea how well it will work. It may be great though I doubt it could handle a 300g tank.

I'm not a big fan of the "pre-built" sumps. As you have learned they limit you on what you can do and they are very expensive. My sump is nothing fancy, a large blue plastic tote from walmart, less then $20.

Back
Top Bottom