Anyone use a "Water Changer" in a Shallow Sink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maxkolbe said:
This is a little off topic but can you use one of these to fill a tank In a basement from a faucet upstairs? I've always wanted to get one but I didn't know if it would work or if it was even compatible with the sink

You should be able to as long as you have enough hose to reach. Where do you drain your water to? A sump pump pit or something?

There's a door leading outside from the basement that I dump the water out of using 5 gallon buckets. Then I bring the refill water down the stairs in a five gallon bucket too. If it would work I could just have it drain out the door and the refill from the sink. The only problem is I don't know of we have a compatible faucet or not. Thanks, I'll look into whether or not it would work. I don't want to hijack the thread.

Well as long as you have an aireator that unscrews from your sink then it should work. Just start up a new thread and snap a pic or 2 of your faucet, especially of where the water comes out of the faucet

Hholly said:
You can get one with a 50' hose and they sell extender kits.

Right. They even have 75' & 100' models.

I ended up going with the extended kit. My tank was right about 25' from the sink so the 10' extension worked out great without having to have the excess 15' the 50' model would've given me. Easier to manage (with my back) with still a bit of extra hose. The python brand now comes with brass fittings which is a nice upgrade.

Speaking of which, I read on the Aqueon Water Changer reviews on Amazon, that a lot of people just toss that plastic faucet adapter and buy a brass one.. if I were to do this, what's the size am I looking for? I'm assuming I can pick this up at Home Depot or something, right?

water changer

ive always used the python i had 9 aquariums at the time the water faucet connections fit my older style sinks but they have a brass quick connect adapter and also mine has a thumb valve that can turn off the flow and reverse flow to drain they still sell them

Brian_Nano12g said:
Speaking of which, I read on the Aqueon Water Changer reviews on Amazon, that a lot of people just toss that plastic faucet adapter and buy a brass one.. if I were to do this, what's the size am I looking for? I'm assuming I can pick this up at Home Depot or something, right?

Not sure of size. I ordered mine from Amazon. It may be Python brand, but it fit my Aqueon model.

Back
Top Bottom