Anyone used a SunSun canister filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Qozux

Aquarium Advice Regular
I saw them online for an amazing price and they have good reviews on that site, but I'd like to hear more from you guys.

I saw them online for an amazing price and they have good reviews on that site, but I'd like to hear more from you guys.

Could people on here use them and really like them. For the price it's a good filter from what I've heard, just not a big name like Fluval or Eheim

I wonder if this is one of those cases where a name is just a name or if there's a serious difference here.

I believe that's what mine is, basically the generic version of a big name canister... so far mines done great and i have had it 2 years now, only thing thats gone bad is the inside uv bulb went out and i'm in no hurry to fix it... I do wish the sponges were baskets so you could add/change things out a bit... still can but it would take a bit of DIY to do so.

Sweet! Looks like I'll be getting those as I get more tanks. I like the idea of 525gph for about $100 and 264 for about $60. I think I'll be using the latter when I set up my new 29G.

I have 2 of the 264 gph sunsun filters and they work great on my 75 gallon. I've had them for about 6 months.

I have the SunSun HW-302, and I'm very pleased with it. Some parts feel a bit cheap (to be expected) but are functional. Also, the directions are an obviously horrendous translation from Chinese to English - however assembly is pretty self-explanatory so that won't be too much of an issue. The thing that I'm happiest with is the noise level - the filter is absolutely SILENT.

Its an awsome canister! You cant even hear it! Keeeps the water clean and clear

Back
Top Bottom