Anyone using closed loop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scatcat

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do you guys think about closed loop? One LRS is urging me to do it another says that drilling holes in your tank is a bad idea. Give me some advise on this please I'm so confused. My tank will be 36X30X30. The LRS that says don't do is afraid of the glass cracking where it has been drilled. URGGG I'm not good at this kind of stuff I still can't figure out how to set this tank up.

I am setting up my closed loop. I am using hangover returns and not drilling the tank. I am adding a SCWD to give a different water current and two returns from it.

Do you have any pictures yet? I would be interesting in seeing them.

I have a closed loop but I had my tank drilled by the manufacturer (1" acrylic). I personally would be afraid to drill glass. Is there a local glass store you can get to do it for you? As far as the closed loop...I love it .. I hate the clutter in tanks. I just think it looks so much nicer.

Yes I have someone who could do it for me. I'm still scared. I just don't know what to do.

I have a closed loop with HOB fuge seaclone protien skimmer and 2 rio powerheads. IF you want a pic let me know. And give me your e-mail since I can't quite figue out the way you post on this site.

I would love to have a picture. If you don't mind. I think it would help to see it. Thanks.

i would highly recomend not having things hob. it only creates salt creep.
ive never had any salt creep then i added a power head and bam... salt creep all over the cord and anything the cord touches.

wow you are lucky...

the salt creeps right up my power cord. almost like it is alive. never had salt creep before

you should have seen what it did to my hob skimmer before i put one in the sump.

how long has your tank been on line?

Back
Top Bottom