Anyone with leds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zbatey

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does any one light their tanks with LEDs? I have a ninety gallon witch I want to grow sps and Lps and wanted to know if any one has had any experience with them before. I am Interested in the ecoxotic 36 panorama fixture and the ecoray 60 and the orphek but I'm open to any fixture because I don't know much about them

I have marineland LED's Our Products

I have had setup for about a month and so far very pleased. The only downfall is you are able to set up a timer with daylights, but not with nightlights.

How big is your tank and how close to the top of the tank do you have them

I will be running either reef brite LEDs, or double bright, I questioned my supplier intensely over the subject, and she seemed to know a good deal about it. From what I gathered, you can use them for almost all coral, and theyre very cost affective.

I will be running either reef brite LEDs, or double bright, I questioned my supplier intensely over the subject, and she seemed to know a good deal about it. From what I gathered, you can use them for almost all coral, and theyre very cost affective.
i don't think you can use them for most corals. they are more for looks (the reef brite), and the double brite fixture (the 48" model) only has (16) 1W Daylight LED's Totaling 1,200 Lumens.
that's no where near enough light for sps.
my 8 lamp t-5 fixture puts out 40,000 lumens.

it would also depend on the tank length, width and depth, if yoh have a more compact light fixture, the light will be more condensed and therefore more effective, all be it a smaller area. and depth as well, as a shallow tank will have better light penetration. my tank is only a 36g, roughly 26x15x14

it would also depend on the tank length, width and depth, if yoh have a more compact light fixture, the light will be more condensed and therefore more effective, all be it a smaller area. and depth as well, as a shallow tank will have better light penetration. my tank is only a 36g, roughly 26x15x14
no. that's not true. you can't condense light. 1200 lumens is 1200 lumens.
i wouldn't put 1200 lumens over a nano.
here, check this chart out. it will give you an idea about what to expect in terms of lumens. (check out the spiral 20 watt bulb for comparison)-
img_1224504_0_f2f07bc3b7e2a00ff963b112cd10f62f.gif

I've looked into the panorama 36 model by ecoxotic and was worried that it only uses 42 watts but vie heard optics or reflectors have a big part in the LEDs strength my main goal is really only lps and Sps

I have 3 Aquaillumination LED's over my 60" 120. I am getting better growth frome EVERYTHING in the tank. LPS are doing great and the SPS are EXPLODING. This is by far the best I have seen. It is still a little pricey but it is great. 2 would be perfect for your 90.

How is your fixture hanging my tank is eighteen wide so I don't think it will fit in my tank

How is your fixture hanging my tank is eighteen wide so I don't think it will fit in my tank

We have the same tank only mine is 1 foot longer. don't bother with the mounts you buy you will have to come up with your own. I made mine our of acrylic. jjust made 2 L's that are screwed to my canopy. you need to mount them long ways. I will try to take a picture.

The Sol Blue is the way to go.

Check this out. keep in mind that this is old and the Aqua Illumination controler does all these functions now.

YouTube - Aqua Illumination and Profilux Tutorial Part I

Make sure you look at all the parts. the cloud mode and storm mode are incredible.

Back
Top Bottom