Anyone with python experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtlion

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been looking at the Python no spill system and it definitely looks like something that I could use! The only concern that I have is that I use a 40G tub to mix my SW for my water changes. Does anyone know how I could use they Python to get water from my 40G tub on the floor to my aquarium that stands approx 5 feet off of the floor? I read on one website about using a pump somehow but didn't know if anyone here had done that. If anyone could give some advice it is as always appreciated, thanks!

I do that .. but only I have FW but I add dechlorinator to the bucket.

I use a cheap water fountain pump... 10 bucks at Harbor Freight tools.

Just fill your tub with the Python. Mix up the water. And pump it into the tank.

Works like a charm.

The pump... I forgot to mention. I added 5/8" clear tubing to the pump and connected it with a hose clamp. (bought that stuff at Lowes)

Gotcha, I figured all I would need is a pump to connect the python to and it would pump my premixed water into the tank. This thing sounds too good to be true, I gotta get one!

I assume a cheap aquarium pump would work also?

I have a mag drive 7 that I use to pump my water through my python. My python threads directly onto a 3/4 in thread that reduces to 1/2 in which is threaded onto the mag drive 7. I also use it to stir my mixing batch of SW

Oh the distance of only 5 feet... You would not need a pump like a mag drive 7. I use it because I upgraded pumps in my main tank. But the python threads are 3/4 in male. Just make sure you get a fitting to fit that and then your female end or male I suppose on your pump.

Think a Mag drive 500 would be ok for what I want to do?

How do you hook up the Python to the maxi jet ph?

Back
Top Bottom