Api test kit help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I have started doing to avoid the whole tap water issue is to go to the grocery store and buy ro water from the dispenser where you fill the jugs by yourself. Its only 55 cents per gallon and saves me from buying an ro filter. Granted I only have a 29 gal tank so it only costs me 2.75 or so every 2 weeks. It works like a charm.

jwalsh said:
What I have started doing to avoid the whole tap water issue is to go to the grocery store and buy ro water from the dispenser where you fill the jugs by yourself. Its only 55 cents per gallon and saves me from buying an ro filter. Granted I only have a 29 gal tank so it only costs me 2.75 or so every 2 weeks. It works like a charm.

Are you replacing the minerals removed during the RO process? They are needed by the fish, plants and bacteria and needed for a stable pH.

Sure are. Seems to be working great so far. I would just rather have control of what's in my water than have to play guessing games with tap water

Mumma... I NEED YOU!! Question: why is the 10 ppm slightly darker than the 20 ppm on the color chart?

This is a great question and one I was wondering about as well.

I'm fortunate my water ends up pretty darn yellow for a result of 0 for the nitrate test. But I'd be pretty annoyed and confused if my water ended up orange for the nitrate test....as I would then have no idea if i had 5 ppm, 10 ppm, or 20 ppm.

Back
Top Bottom