API test kit question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamHorton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have some ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate test kits by API that say they are for freshwater and saltwater. I've taken both FW and SW measurements with them and they seem to work great.

I recently bought their "Saltwater Master Test Kit" which comes with those tests, but it doesn't say anything about working for freshwater tanks. I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work on freshwater when their other tests do, but I thought I'd ask. Does anybody know if I can use the FW color cards with these SW test kits?

No the color charts for ammonia and nitrate and phosphates are different from the fw charts. It still uses the same drops though.

Your welcome. FYI in the short time i have had my red sea sw nitrate kit I can tell you it is far more accurate than API . If ever you would like a better kit look into those .

I had an API test kit first and I had some issues with it, so I got the Red Sea one. For the nitrate test I have to REALLY SHAKE the reagents and the solution when it tells me to, but as long as I do that I get consistently accurate readings, so I trust my API now...

Back
Top Bottom