Aqua C protien skimmer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rsquared333

Aquarium Advice Freak
On aqua c urchin/remora's what difference does the drain fitting make? do you just have to empty it less frequently or does it significantly enhnace or debilitate the preformance of the skimmer? I just can't figure out if I would need it or not. I don't mind changing it more frequently, I like doing maintainence on my aquariums so would I not really need it?

The drain fitting won't, by itself, affect the performance of the skimmer. What affects it is the fact that, if you have the drain, you may tend not to clean the skimmer as often. If you were going to be gone for a while, the drain fitting would keep the cup from overflowing. It would also be handy if something caused the skimmer to start overflowing into the cup (very unlikely with these skimmers). I always instruct customers to clean their Aqua C cup twice a week. It only takes a minute to dump it and give it a quick rinse. I wouldn't get the drain if it were me but that's JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom