Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-03-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
Aqua C Remora Pro...

Does anyone have one of these? I just got one. It says it has a break in period of 1-2 weeks where the bubbles and noise are more than usual but my bubbles are comming out of the top of the collection cup and going everywhere. Has this happened to anyone else? I adjusted the collection cup and it seems to be doing better now. Mine is drivin with a Mag 3 pump.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Have you ever used any kind of slime coat enhancer or anything with aloe as an additive in the tank? These products will cause skimmers in general to go crazy.

If the remora C is the same design as the one I have use the rubber band to hold the collection up at the highest point possible. This will reduce the amount of bubbles being put into the storage cup. The break in period is needed as the oils and other items that get on the plastic during the manufacturing process break down.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
Thats what I read. Just wondering if you guys incountered the same problems and no I havent used any of those things in my tank.

Tags
remora

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com