Aqua C Remora Pro Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had this skimmer for almost 1.5 years. Its been great. However Im having algea issues and Im wondering...do I need to replace anything as far as wear and tear like the pump? It seems to be skimming less and less. I cleaned it for the first time about 3 months ago and its still skimming, and actually went through the 'break in' period like it was new after I cleaned it. The reason I cleaned it was it was said in the forum that it might be clogged up. Do the pumps get weak? Can I put like a mag 9 on it as I have a used one Im not using.
Also do these skimmers 'wear out' per say?

well i'm no expert, but whatever pump you're using is probably getting weak if you haven't cleaned it enough.

I cleaned it not to long ago...maybe 4 weeks if that! Im running a Mag 3 so I feel as if it is just getting weak.

im running a mag 3 on my remora C pro...seems to be doing the job...is it skimming wet or skimming dry....if its skimming to dry try lowering the collection cup...you will get a more light green skimmage but you still skim more...HTH

The pumps may wear out over time, that's something you'll need to keep an eye on and change if you feel it necessary. As for the rest of the skimmer, it's a plastic box, nothing there to wear out except the O ring adjustment. If you don't feel it's doing the job it used to, you could try the bigger pump. Do you have the preskimmer box on it? I ran mine without one for years. I decided to get one a few months ago and can't believe the difference in how much it skims. Well worth the money. Maybe something to consider if you haven't yet.

I have a mag 9.5 but I wonder if that is way to big?
What is a preskimmer? I guess Im lost on that. Can you give me a link?
Also I have lowered the cup and will see what happens.

Lowering the cup will give you more less constentrated skim. Here is what it looks like. It's two compartments, one side for your pump to set in, one side an outflow with a sponge to catch any microbubbles. It only pulls from the surface of your tank instead of the middle where the pump sits. I hope that makes sense.

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=AC3313

I bought mine from here. Great people to work with.

I had the same problem with my regular remora. I replaced the PH and cleaned it good. After it went through the break in again it is work the same as when I first got it.

Well I lowered the cup and also cleaned the injector today. As a last resort Im going to buy anther mag3 for it.

Back
Top Bottom