Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-17-2015, 08:53 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm wondering if recently Hagen/fluval changed manufacturers or something. Mine are older and silent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

brennae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:09 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Its really weird and annoying. Last night I have to listen to this filter, hopefully the sunsun is quiet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

3 tanks
a 29 gallon high tech planted Chasing Red, a 20 long low tech, and a 75 gallon salty adventure
fish wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought one and the motor is loud. It hums. The water outflow hitting the water is silent because I adjust the water level accordingly. The filter is as level as can be. I removed the impeller and the shaft and put Vaseline on both like several videos on youtube advise. This took away the slight rattle sound, but did nothing for the humming. I think it's because it flows 300 gallons per hour. I have an Fluval AC 70 and I bought it a week ago. I run it along side my Marineland Penguin 200. I'm hoping to seed the new AC70 with my slightly older Penguin 200. My water is crystal clear. I know that Fluval is supposed to be Hagen's top tier name. Aquaclear is supposed to be one of the best so it was recently rebranded as Fluval 70. It says Fluval instead of Aquaclear on the lid, and the Box is totally different. I'm not sure if anything has changed in the design. Had I had a chance to do this again, I would have bought the sunsun canister filter. Everyone loves them and I've heard no complaints.

tedisabum is offline   Reply With Quote

clear, level, noise

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com