aqua illumination hydra led lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I stay in the UK and the hydra units cost would be about $630 dollers for one. So am think of buying from the states for ,$290 big difference.

I would agree with Mr X that most of the bells and whistles that these come with are in no way necessary for a successful reef tank. That being said, if you like the bells and whistles, and have the cash, nothing wrong with deciding that is what you want. It just isn't going to guarantee success or even increase your probably of success over going with a unit as Mr X suggested.

I do not have the Hydras, but I have had the AI Sols over my 57 gallon tank for a couple of years and they are very nice units. Good quality, and have worked flawlessly since installation.

Why would they be called "multicoloured" if the NM spectrum you order is the one they give you. And it's not essential for corals but is for other inhabitants like your copepods? Very beneficial to your water column, Photosynthesis? You don't need FS lights,,, but why not if your trying to mimic what is natural?
He's got 285 watts which I think is on the limit for a 6' tank, 24" deep. Dark spots even with optical lenses, he will have to raise them more than 8" to have it lit up?
You aren't mimicking what is natural. By the time sunlight passes through 30 feet of water most of these colors are gone and mostly blue remains. The reds and greens do nothing for the corals. The "UV" diodes are not even ultraviolet, they are simply violet colored. It''s just for aesthetics, and not natural at all.
Copepods don't care what color lights they live under, and algae can grow under any color light.

Back
Top Bottom