aqua illumination hydra led lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

docturriff

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just considering 3 of these lights just looking for some opinions on them to see if it worth splashing the cash.

That is something only you can decide. Most of the options on this fixture are unnecessary, so it would be all for your personal enjoyment.

Well I can get these lights at good price. Am still not going to get them if in 6 months I will need to get something else. Just wondering what make of lights do u run on ur tank.

How long u been running ur lights for I've seen them just thought too cheap to be any good.

How long u been running ur lights for I've seen them just thought too cheap to be any good.

I just got mine in today. I will be doing a full review hopefully this week on how I like them. The only difference is that I bought the full spectrum ones.

Yes that would be good . What is the dimensions of ur tank coz am running a 5ft x 2ft x 2ft tank. Just so I know what u think of the penetration of the lights.

I bought mine in Feb of 2012. Many people on this forum use them now. They work just fine. They do lack all of the lightening storm effects and automatically ramping the light up and down, but like I said, those things are completely unnecessary for a successful reef tank.

You will be able to keep whatever you want. I grow sps on the sand bed of my 25" deep tank.

Just considering 3 of these lights just looking for some opinions on them to see if it worth splashing the cash.

If I'm not wrong, the aqua illumination hydra has only 95 watts, kinda pricy for programable lights. You will need at least 4 units for your 6 foot tank. Go with mr_X option, you can get them in full spectrum as well with 35 watts more per unit

3 of those AI units will work over a 6' tank. They have optics also, and are very powerful. And "full spectrum" is not necessarily the best term used to describe the multicolored Cheapo units. I would simply call them "multicolored". Another option used for aesthetics and not essential for coral growth.

I have the Ai sol blues and I love everything about them. The control , ramping up/down , programmed to the calendar moves with the moon cycle and can't forget the storms I love it all. And I only paid 525 for the pair.

3 of those AI units will work over a 6' tank. They have optics also, and are very powerful. And "full spectrum" is not necessarily the best term used to describe the multicolored Cheapo units. I would simply call them "multicolored". Another option used for aesthetics and not essential for coral growth.

Why would they be called "multicoloured" if the NM spectrum you order is the one they give you. And it's not essential for corals but is for other inhabitants like your copepods? Very beneficial to your water column, Photosynthesis? You don't need FS lights,,, but why not if your trying to mimic what is natural?
He's got 285 watts which I think is on the limit for a 6' tank, 24" deep. Dark spots even with optical lenses, he will have to raise them more than 8" to have it lit up?

I have the Ai sol blues and I love everything about them. The control , ramping up/down , programmed to the calendar moves with the moon cycle and can't forget the storms I love it all. And I only paid 525 for the pair.

Only $525 wow? That's a sh** load in my world!!! :)

I here you got it off of a next forum I'm on the guy had it for four months he was upgrading to the Vegas. It's worth it to me will do it again for my next setup

After those LEDs, I don't blame you, I'd just want better and I don't think it's possible, lol

The new ones just added uv and some other LEDs. I can upgrade the ai's with out buying a new unit they sell a vega upgrade but I'm good with these.

I'm pretty sure they use Cree LEDs, if you can put them in your self you can get a good deal on them off eBay, single LEDs

Back
Top Bottom