Aqua Lifter Blues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just wanted to post this because I know many of you probablly know exactly where im coming from on this one.

Yesterday, tank maintenance day. Time to make the sump area a little pretty, switch a mag 9 to mag 18, etc. Somewhere around mid project my float switch starts kicking on and wont' shut off... So I start digging and pulling and checking, but im loosing water and can't figure it out. I have just recently tied in a 30G cube to my main system and its using a SQWD and flex tube so I figure its a loose hose clamp. 15 minutes go by..... I reach behind the tank to feel around and its a marsh of water, like super saturated carpet. I finally realize that the output hose from my cubes aqualifter took a ride out of the sump when I pulled the new hose for the mag18 and has been pumping water into the floor for about 20 minutes by the time its tied off and secured.

Anyhow, I think I may create an online aqualifter support group. Anyone else have a story? :D

Aw man, that's awful. Sorry to hear about your marsh. SW and carpet are never a good combination, but I'm afraid to say it has happened to me too (just not that exact way, lol).

Back
Top Bottom