Aqua Medic Turboflotor 1000 standalone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SH4N

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought this skimmer and im having problems with it, i googled and came up with some threads from here, however they didnt help.

i know it has a 4-12 hour break in period but its been 3 days now (it hasnt been on the whole time) and im still getting way to much water in the collection cup. ive gone through the instructions but they are very confusing for a begginer. ive tried adjusting a few things but seemed to make it worse. i am certain that it is put together correctly. should i just let it run a bit more? theres nothing in the tank but live rock at the moment.

this is the instructions ive been following:
http://www.aqua-medic.com/products/docs/T1000_Stand_Alone.pdf

you should be running the skimmer 24/7/365. i had one of those a few years ago and it was a bit of a pain to get dialed in, but it did an ok job once i was able to get it producing. you aren't going to get a lot of skimmate out of an empty tank, but you should get something.

the problem is its filling up with just water, ive adjusted it heaps but only makes the water fill up faster. i left it over night and there was so many bubbles it kinda over flowed

Back
Top Bottom