Aqua Medic vs Finnex Titanium Heater Controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey All,

I have been wanting to upgread to a titanium heater for ahwile, mainly for ease of adjusting temp externally, and because the controller will shut the heater off above set point temp.

I have been looking for ahwile and haven't found one I liked untill now.

I have found 2 that both look nice, but I'm not sure which one is better.

Finnex 300W Titanium Heater with HC810 Digital Controller - AquaCave

300W Titanium Heater with AquaMedic Controller - AquaCave

Does anyone have any experience with either of these 2 models? Looks like they both are using the finnex heating element, so the only difference is the controller itself. It's a $20 difference, which isn't a big deal, so I'd like to get the better of the 2 if one is indeed better than the other.

Thanks for the info..

-TheChad

I love the Finnex heaters...BUT, I have heard there were issues with the controllers. I would skip that controller and just get the heater (I use two heater...so no real need for the controller):
Finnex 300w DIGITAL Titanium Heater w/controller: Premium Aquatics
I've had water drain past the heater and they didn't burn up.

I could be wrong, but your link top the finnex heater is only the controller not the actual heater.....

Last edited:
I love the Finnex heaters...BUT, I have heard there were issues with the controllers. I would skip that controller and just get the heater (I use two heater...so no real need for the controller):
Finnex 300w DIGITAL Titanium Heater w/controller: Premium Aquatics
I've had water drain past the heater and they didn't burn up.

I could be wrong, but your link top the finnex heater is only the controller not the actual heater.....

Both of my links include the Finnex 300w Heater. The only difference is the controller.

I have looked at the model you posted, But the reason I like the models with the upgreaded controllers is that they have seperate temp sensors and you can change out the heating element if it goes out or you want to upgread to a higher wattage.

-TheChad

A better - but somewhat more expensive option - is to just get a controller (either a Ranco or a Johnson Controls) and then you can use it with whatever heater you want... and however many you want. One controller/set point... multiple heaters. Both the Ranco and Johnson units are very reliable and accurate.

Yeah I looked again, I would do a google on the controllers and see what you come up with.

Back
Top Bottom