Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

awesome! glad you got it working, if you dont mind making a vid it would be appreciated, I'd still like to use mine, its sitting in the backroom with no use at the moment fed up with it!

Old 02-22-2012, 05:15 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Old 02-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I can't seem to post the video here?...
Old 02-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

would it work by email? or youtube?
Old 02-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Solution Marisys 240 Sys 2

Old 02-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Much better, the reason for the system glitch which prompted me into gear to create this video, was simply due to evaporation. I added about 6 liters of water, and the system balanced out. After approximately 10 mins I removed the siphon. A couple of adjustments of the intake valve up and down 2 clicks resulted in a final Balancing of the system. You are most probably going to get a similar situation when doing a 20% water change. I suggest doing a couple of smaller water changes in a week. You can prevent a major meltdown by siphoning a bucket load out via air hose, and simultaneously adding new water via air hose at opposing positions in the tank. This would leave the water level in the tank relatively unchanged. It may not be ideal, however, it will circumvent (hopefully) having to restart the entire startup procedure again. Hope this is of value to those who have boxed up their systems and have set them aside. This system really does work. It may be a little quirky but, the results are very encouraging in my Aqua Style 980 tank. Since I have had the system in place, water quality has measured up brilliantly at every weekly test and water clarity has been superb.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:26 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have this filter also, I seem to have trouble getting the skimmer to work properly and I always have a film on the top of the water. I wish it had a float in it which would adjust the water levels accordingly as my water evaporates so quickly every second day I need to play with the inlet and check the water levels, so am kind of buggered if I have to go away for a few days holiday. I have the instruction manual as a PDF if you'd like it Risk, or if anyone else needs it. )
Old 03-06-2014, 05:41 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hey,

I just set mine up and dint have any problem with getting the water to pump back into the tank or getting the skimmer working. My problem is the fatter tube that takes the water from the tank seems to now be sucking enough water so the tube is half full and noisy.

Is this normal?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com