Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-03-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Aqua Top circulating pump

I purchased an aqua Top circulating pump for my 30 gallon community tank. I just wanted to provide a little current and move debris towards the sponge filter. For months the darn thing kept shutting off. I asked many times on many sites if anybody else had this problem. The best answer I got was you get what you pay for. I even called aqua Top and all they could recommend was cleaning the impeller and possibly returning it. Still not willing to accept these answers I disconnected it and put it in storage until I could figure out a solution. I did it I finally figured this thing out. I put it on a timer so that it runs for 30 minutes out of 90 minutes. Now that the aqua Top circulating pump and I have an understanding of its physical limitations or unwilling gness to work 24x7 it is doing great. Try it I was amazed

martinwoodward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:09 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award
Glad you figured this out. Most folks would have trashed/returned it as defective (which it appears to be but you've made the most of it). Even running 1/3 of the time it should serve its purpose of creating some flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
I am an ALGAE farmer.
Terms of Service | Community Rules | FresH2O's Planted Tank | Fresh2o's Shrimp Tank
Fresh2o is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com