Aqua ufo led

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrick93

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked up 2 of these fixtures and I was wondering if anyone heard of them and what you think of these. I will post pics of the unit and the tank with it before and after later in the day. Here's what's on the box about them :

Ex

image-905388687.jpg

tremely energy efficient-Replaces up to 800w MH Aquarium lighting
2 watt LED’s provide the intensity and spectral output for VIGOROUS coral growth
Spectacular underwater “shimmer” effect mimics the sun
50,000 hour life cycle-No replacement bulbs needed
Features massive 6500k daylight white and 430-460 nm Lunar Blue 2w LEDs
Runs cool-Virtually no heat emitted-No additional chilling equipment needed.

image-621733682.jpg

The rest will be here when I get back from school and get to work on it

I hadn't heard of them until now and then I did some googling and it seems like a very nice light. :) I have bookmarked the page for the future just in case too. lol

I'm curious what the light guru's will have to say about this fixture. I'm looking for a light for my 20g rimless and this seems like a good option.

Yeah I'm really hoping that I'll be able to keep sps now

My LFS has this lighting system. I'm wondering now after a month what you think of them. Thanks

BallinCrew10 said:
My LFS has this lighting system. I'm wondering now after a month what you think of them. Thanks

They are my anemone is doing a lot better then it was with the t5 set up I had on there and corals look great so far no problems with them hopefully it will stay that way and there deff strong lights

Patrick93 said:
Yeah I'm really hoping that I'll be able to keep sps now

Have you tried any sps since you installed these lights? Sorry for all the questions. I just couldn't find much online about them and you're the only person I know that has them besides my LFS. Lol

Wow! I just looked up these lights, I'm wondering if I could use the "AquaPanel" on my 40 gallon tank. I'm about to buy new T5 bulbs (that time of year) and for about $60-$70 more I could go LED with this light........Oh my brain is going a mile a minute!! Do you have pics of your tank with this light on? Would you recommend it? Thanks

What worries me with LED fixtures like this is that they'll only keep corals alive, not actually make them grow.

They do make them grow and all my corals seem to be doing great idk about sps It's not on that tank I'd def recommend them I'll post pics tmwr

how is the tank doing so far with this light fixture?

zambono said:
how is the tank doing so far with this light fixture?

Not bad still haven't had the time to get pics tho hopefully I'll put some on here this week

My LFS uses them on their coral tanks and sell them for $299ea. They have separate switches for whites and blues. I am going to buy 2 of them this week. Just need to figure out how to mount or hang them in my canopy.

Skidog said:
My LFS uses them on their coral tanks and sell them for $299ea. They have separate switches for whites and blues. I am going to buy 2 of them this week. Just need to figure out how to mount or hang them in my canopy.

Yeah I been using them for couple months now so far so good 300 is a little pricey I got them cheaper online only bad thing is it runs on one cord so u can't use a timer to switch from just blues to blue&white and them bak to blues

Patrick93 said:
Yeah I been using them for couple months now so far so good 300 is a little pricey I got them cheaper online only bad thing is it runs on one cord so u can't use a timer to switch from just blues to blue&white and them bak to blues

I BOUGHT 2 yesterday! Mounted them on top of my canopy. I LOVE the difference and the shimmer! The DOWNSIDE of the Aqua UFOs is they are difficult to mount unless you hang them. I'm very impressed with them overall and you can't beat the price for LEDs. The company has been making LED units for quite awhile for grow lights so they aren't NEW to the technology and they already have worked out the bugs.

Attachments

• image-3834658184.jpg
    image-3834658184.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 102
Skidog said:
I BOUGHT 2 yesterday! Mounted them on top of my canopy. I LOVE the difference and the shimmer! The DOWNSIDE of the Aqua UFOs is they are difficult to mount unless you hang them. I'm very impressed with them overall and you can't beat the price for LEDs. The company has been making LED units for quite awhile for grow lights so they aren't NEW to the technology and they already have worked out the bugs.

Here's a pic of my 90 gal fowlr with the aqua UFOs installed. Adding corals as soon as I trade in some fish.

Attachments

• image-1485898745.jpg
    image-1485898745.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 113
Back
Top Bottom