AquaC EV-120

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Good Evening,

I have a few Questions on my AquaC EV-120. I purchased My skimmer about 3 months ago when i first set my 30g SW Aquarium up. I have tinkered with this skimmer for months and have not been able to get it to produce any foam. It did not come with a water pump but recommended a mag5. I bought a Mag5 and a Mag7 for my water movement though my aquarium. i choose these two pumps because i read some where online that some people got better results using a higher flow rate though the Ev120. I started out using the Mag5 like recommended and found out quickly it was not producing any foam. for this set up i had the air valve completely open and played with the gate valve over the next 2 months to find the correct setting, Nothing seemed to work. So, i figured trying to use the Mag7 and now all i get is extreme water aeration inside the skimmer which is producing alot of Water foam, if that makes sense. The collection cup fills with water in minutes and thats with the air completely restricted and the gate valve on the skimmer open 100%. I have read the manual and followed the directions to a "T" but this has become a very stressful experience dialing this skimmer in. I hear its a great skimmer so i am motivated to get this unit working.

I do have a few ideas to why this unit is not producing any foam.

1. There not enough protein in the aquarium to skim out even though i though by feeding every day i would see at-least something by now.

2. I do have quite abit of hair algae i am combating. so, that might be eating up the excessive Nutrients my skimmer would be cleaning.

3. i only have 2 fish so the water changes i perform every few weeks might clean the tank leaving no protein to skim.

Its important to me to get this unit running because i feel it would help me fight this hair algae issues i have been having for quite some time now.

any help from people with Ev120s would be great!

Back
Top Bottom