Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-29-2004, 11:54 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
AquaC Ev-120 series question

Hello, I have an EV-120 and im having some problems "tuning" it. It doesn't foam all the time, just a few times a week, but when it does the thing goes crazy. I can't get a foam other than very watery yellow liquid and would much rather have a heavy dark foam. I am running it with a Dolphin 560 with the gate wide open. Anyone have some suggestions on how to tune this thing out?

Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 02:57 PM   #2
I have an EV-120 and im having some problems "tuning" it. It doesn't foam all the time
From what I have noticed about this is that it works soo efficiently that it skims everything out of the tank and then kinda takes a breather and waits until there is more to skim.. If your gate valve is wide open and you are still skimming a very wet foam then I would drop the air valve (blue Valve) down in half.. It will take some time to get it right where you want it.. Also Make sure the collection cup like is not obstructed by anything.. Best time to get it going is when it really starts to foam.. make small adjustments and wait a while.. I have the ev180 and It does exactly what you state but after adjusting it all the time until I found the perfect setting for my liking it works awesome... Mine is an ev180 on a 55gal so it skims the tank clean and then takes a few days break LOL..

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com