Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
AquaC Protein Skimmer

What's up guys? New to the saltwater hobby and this website. I have a question about AquaC Urchin skimmer if anyone is familiar. When I got it the hose was to long so I cut it down. Now I'm having a problem, because all it's doing is pulling out a green water no dry foam. I have the cup set as high as I can, no luck. My friend and I decided to try to shim it up a couple of inches. Has anyone had this issue with this skimmer, and what was the solution?

CDowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
I am having the same problem. I am 2 months into my salt water tank. My skimmer has a light brown film on the bottom of collection cup. The issue I am having is the water is collecting in the collection cup and overflowing. I have drained the cup a few times and its still filling up. How long will this process take? Any suggestion.

Firaymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:55 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Me too. I got one full dark cup of skimmate, now it just slurps and barely overflows a drop a day or I adjust until the flow gets too "high" and overflows when I'm not looking. My skimmer is an HOB style eshopps 75 though. My tank is 3 months old as well
marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
I figured out my issue with my cup filling with water. The manufacturer recommends 10 inch height of skimmer sitting in water. I set mine to 8 inch of water. My skimmer is working well and my cup is collecting dark brown color after 10 hours of working properly. My water is also crystal clear. I have had my tank for about two months. Happy I got my skimmer working properly after one month of having it. The key is to properly adjust the height for the skimmer in the sump. If you have it more in the water you will have too much water filling in cup. Raise skimmer enough so that the bubbles are traveling up column and percolating at top. Hope this helps.
Firaymark is offline   Reply With Quote

aquac, protein, protein skimmer, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com