AquaC Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CDowns

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What's up guys? New to the saltwater hobby and this website. I have a question about AquaC Urchin skimmer if anyone is familiar. When I got it the hose was to long so I cut it down. Now I'm having a problem, because all it's doing is pulling out a green water no dry foam. I have the cup set as high as I can, no luck. My friend and I decided to try to shim it up a couple of inches. Has anyone had this issue with this skimmer, and what was the solution?

I am having the same problem. I am 2 months into my salt water tank. My skimmer has a light brown film on the bottom of collection cup. The issue I am having is the water is collecting in the collection cup and overflowing. I have drained the cup a few times and its still filling up. How long will this process take? Any suggestion.

Me too. I got one full dark cup of skimmate, now it just slurps and barely overflows a drop a day or I adjust until the flow gets too "high" and overflows when I'm not looking. My skimmer is an HOB style eshopps 75 though. My tank is 3 months old as well

I figured out my issue with my cup filling with water. The manufacturer recommends 10 inch height of skimmer sitting in water. I set mine to 8 inch of water. My skimmer is working well and my cup is collecting dark brown color after 10 hours of working properly. My water is also crystal clear. I have had my tank for about two months. Happy I got my skimmer working properly after one month of having it. The key is to properly adjust the height for the skimmer in the sump. If you have it more in the water you will have too much water filling in cup. Raise skimmer enough so that the bubbles are traveling up column and percolating at top. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom