Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2004, 09:12 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

AquaC Remora $111.99 (used), good deal?

There is an eBay auction for a used AquaC Remora protien skimmer with a brand new Maxi-Jet 1200 Powerhead. The seller says its 1 year old, but works perfect. One of the mounting screws broke off, and it looks like he fixed it with hotglue. Would that matter? It also appears a bit dirty and he says "I cleaned it as good as was possible." I'm sure I could clean it up better though. If I used the buy it now, it would come to $111.99 shipped. Is this a good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...spagename=WDVW

Old 09-11-2004, 12:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I see new its like $165.00 Not including shipping and works up to a 75 gal tank. So you'll save like $50+ I hear they are good but have not tried one myself.

see here.

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_...on.asp?CartId=

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...ory_Code=AquaC

Old 09-11-2004, 12:34 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
I like to buy all my stuff new, but thats just me. I would almost be afraid of introducing something into my tank system that shouldnt be there.

...Looks like it sold for 100 bucks anyway. :|
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 01:21 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Oh yeah, it sold. Wouldn't it be possible to clean a used skimmer, and kill anything that would harm your fish?
Old 09-11-2004, 02:52 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
sure.

heck for 99 bucks even I would be tempted to buy.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 06:32 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
I have one myself. very good skimmer

ReefRaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquac, remora

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com