AquaC Remora Bubbbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluejam

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had my Remora C for two weeks now and the bubbles won't go away. Is there something wrong or adjustments I could make? I want to shut the thing down sometimes. The instructions say they should go away in 1-2 weeks.

It can take as long as a month. The skimmer needs to slime up internally. Just give it some more time and they will decrease significantly.

Darin
What's your opinion on the pre-filter that is available for extra purchase with the Remora? I have bubbles after 2 months and in another thread someone recommended it.

DJ

I just set mine up tonight, and I also have a fair amount of bubbles. I understand this is my first night with it so I will report back in 2 weeks. I to am looking for feedback on the pre-skimmer add on. I only have a 26 Gal bow front tank and am worried that the pre-skimmer will be to big for my tank.

I also have a question, my skimmer does not seem to fill all the way up with water, I do have good flow back into the tank but my collection cup is dry. Does it take time to build up before I will see anything in the cup? Should the cup at least have water in it? I have the o-ring set so it is pretty far down into the housing. I only have about 1/2 an inch above the top of the skimmer.

Thanks all,
Mark

the pre skimmer works ok. It will cut the bubbles by about 50%. I is however big and ugly to have in the tank. THats just my honest opinion!

I have read that else where that it was kind of big. I will wait a month and see if my bubble cut down some. I can live with some bubble.

Back
Top Bottom