AquaC Remora Pro Skimmer Install?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuperWade2

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK, I know I'm new to this, but I feel like a total idiot... The seemingly most simple item has already got me stumped.

I picked up a AquaC Remora Pro with Mag3 Pump on Ebay... it arrived today, and I don't have a clue how to "hook" the thing up...

I get the "Hang On Back" part for the Plastic Skimmer Box Part, but what the heck do I do with the Pump? Does it just attach the the end of the little 3" Rubber hose at the mddle of Box (on the inside tank side), and does it matter which direction I have the impeller and prefilter thing pointed?

So the power cable end of the pump is going to be underwater?

Thanks for your patience!
SW2

The pump blows water up the tube into the skimmer. you should have some sort of tubing to connect it. That's pretty much it.

Yes, powerheads do have their power cords running into the water. I never really get used to it either.

jaiden said:
The pump blows water up the tube into the skimmer. you should have some sort of tubing to connect it. That's pretty much it.

Yes, powerheads do have their power cords running into the water. I never really get used to it either.

Ok, so I sort of get that, but does the Mag3 Powerhead just "hang" from the Tube running into the skimmer? It didn't come with any suction cups or hooks or anything, although it does have a little base that you can move arround to any of the 4 sides. Just seems that your hanging the somewhat heavy powerhead just "dangling" from a little piece of rubber tube.... just doesn't seem quite right.

SW2

yep...that's how it goes, but now you get to be inventive and come up with a way to modify it and make it the best it can be. get a good size suction cup and use non-toxic adhesive and glue that badboy to the pump. :)

well I set mine up with the intake/powerhead on one side of the tank and the actual discharge/skimmer at the other end of the tank. I think that you would want the intake to be further away from the discharge or it will be sucking in what it discharges and seems like it wouldnt be too efficient.

dankent said:
well I set mine up with the intake/powerhead on one side of the tank and the actual discharge/skimmer at the other end of the tank. I think that you would want the intake to be further away from the discharge or it will be sucking in what it discharges and seems like it wouldnt be too efficient.

That does make more sense, huh...

Did you just set the pump on the bottom of the tank, or "suction cup" to the side. I assume you then just ran a longer tube from the output of the pump to the intake on the skimmer?

Sw2

I rotated my pump 180 degrees vs what you have in that picture to combat the problem just mentioned. You can extend the tube as far as you want as long as you're not creating more head pressure by hanging the skimmer from your ceiling or something.

It comes with only one clamp (at least mine did). That is inadequate! Eventually it will slip off the hose if you don't add another clamp to the other end (or glue it as someone else suggested) and you will have a mess of water like I did. Buy a plastic clamp, and you may have to modify it by filing it down to the right size.

Gesh said:
It comes with only one clamp (at least mine did). That is inadequate! Eventually it will slip off the hose if you don't add another clamp to the other end (or glue it as someone else suggested) and you will have a mess of water like I did. Buy a plastic clamp, and you may have to modify it by filing it down to the right size.

There were 2 total clamps, one that fit over the Rubber Hose on the skimmer intake side, and one that fit over the hose on the pump output side... are you saying I need 2 of these clamps one of these two ends?

SW2

No, that's all you you need. That must be new. When I bought mine about a year and half ago, it only came with one clamp. I wrote a letter of complaint - maybe it did some good.

Back
Top Bottom