Aquac remora skimmer noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had the skimmer setup for a little over a day and it makes this gulping noise. Not like the vibration noise you get from a pump it's just this weird gulping sound. This might be normal for all skimmers but the only skimmer I have owned before was a crappy seaclone which I barely used

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It basically sounds like air is being sucked in. That's the best comparison I can come up with lol

That is normal for them, I had one as my first skimmer, and it never really removed much at all. Im assuming you have a hang on one, thats what I had, it made lots of noise and loss its prime a lot even with a pump

I agree. I used one for a while as well, and I found it to be about as worthwhile as a seaclone. Mine sounded like the suction thing at the dentists office. It was so loud I had to shut it off at night (the tank was in the bedroom).

Were you guys using the mj or Rio series of pumps? Apparently the Rio ones are junk I've heard good reviews about the mj and mag5 series of pumps with this skimmer.

Either way I'm glad it's not in my bedroom.

Mine had the Maxijet 1200. There was nothing wrong with the pump... just the noise and efficiency of the skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom