Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-04-2008, 12:35 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Cool AquaC RemoraPro (SKIMMATE?)

Hello this is my first Post but hopefully i can get some much needed info. I have searched the internet high and low for pictures of Remora Pro skimmate and still nothing. I have this skimmer with a Mag 3 on it, Up and running for 3 months and still have almost clear, VERY WET skim. I have had $40 ebay skimmers that have pulled out enourmous amounts of dark thick skim. All the hipe over this skimmer and i still cant see why.

So please if anyone has pictures of there skimmate please post it hear.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:39 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I'll move this to the general hardware/equipment section for you. I think you might get better responses there.
Welcome to the site!

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've got one, but for whatever reason it's kind of going bonkers right now. When it calms back down, I'll take a picture, but it'll look just like you say. I run mine fairly wet, and from what I've heard that is how the Remoras run - wet. I'm assuming you have the collection cup adjusted all the way up? And it's still producing wet foam? AquaC makes a taller collection cup that makes the skimmate go farther to get into the collection cup, therefore allowing your to adjust it even higher up. But that's not a standard thing.

Not sure about any other skimmers, but my Remora Pro requires no tweaking, very little (if any) maintenance, and runs fairly quiet. Oh... and my nitrates are between 0.2 and 0.5 ppm. I don't know if it's the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm not going to complain about it either!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Agree with Kurt, how do you have the collection sup set? If it's all the way up than maybe you should look into the taller cup. If it's not all the way up, try adjusting it and see if that helps.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:26 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

As promised, here's the exciting picture!

That's not the normal home for the black o-ring. It's normally within an inch from the top and I get this type of skimmate. But after I gave my HOB a good cleaning last weekend, it's been rather happy.

I call this my "green tea skimmate". It's normally a little darker, but still just as wet.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:49 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

i have the same skimmer one of my tnaks with a mag drive it works very well. it is wet though. it is also a bit loud but not to bad. raise the cup up and the skimmer works great.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks for the replys... This is the 1st forum that i am a member to and its nice to see that people are willing to reply to others in need of help. Hear is 2 pictures of my skim. The first is where i have my collection cup set to normally. It took about 2 days to get this skim. The second is that same skim in a test tube wich in a smaller quanty looks like plain water??? But i guess that this is what i should expect. Great idea with the rag behind the picture Kert.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00105.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	13138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00106.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	13139  

Tags
aquac, skimmate, skimmate pictures

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com