AquaC Urchin/Remora Pro Break-in Time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ctmedman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just purchased an AquaC Urchin Pro (basically the in-sump version of the Remora Pro) and installed it 1 week ago. It has still not produced any material in the collection cup. It is producing the foam and bubbles but not enough to go up to the collection cup.

Is this normal? I heard about 2-3 days break-in period but not this long.

Previous to this I was skimmerless for about 6 weeks. The tank is fully cycled with two damsels only.

Thanks in advance.

What do you have for LR in the tank? I have the Urchin Pro and it took about a week to get good skimate. If you have a really small bioload and a lot of LR, there might not be much to skim yet. Give it a little time, it should be fine.

tripper

urchin pro

I have about 50lbs of live rock in the tank. 16 of the 50lbs is freshly aquired live rock from the LFS that I put in a day or two before the skimmer was installed.

How high is your collection cup? I guess the best measurement is from the top of the collection cup to the top of the skimmer box. Mine is about 1 inch or less.

Back
Top Bottom