Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

aquaclear 110

Just got an aquaclear 110 for my 55 anybody have any experience with this filter

Old 10-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Never had that one but I have used Aquaclear 50's and 20's. Great filters!

greenfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi there,

This post is in the wrong section, but eventually a mod or admin will move it

But, to your question!

IME AquaClears are the best HOB filter out there. They are quiet and easy to install, set up and use. You will really like it. They also come with a basket you can put the filter media in, so you can customize what you want to put in the filter. Contrary to what the manufacturer boxes say, you don't need to change the filter cartridges often.

Also, if the intake tube is too long, you can take one of them off so that way it isn't. You can also adjust the flow rate as well. To clean the filter media, just fill up a bucket with tank water, take out the basket with the tank cartridges, rinse them in there and they're clean but still preserving the bacteria!

To clean the intake tubes, you can swish them around in tank water as well or use pipe cleaners to clean them.

Hope this helped you with the filter!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Moved to General Hardware/Equipment Discussion.

I have lots of experience with this filter. Is there something specific you need to know? It's a great filter and as long as you maintain it well, it should last a long time.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #5

Excellent and thanks was going to get a rena xp2 as well
Old 10-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to black hills tj Send a message via MSN to black hills tj Send a message via Yahoo to black hills tj
What is/are your question(s)?

http://www.bhtj.net
black hills tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #7

With a 55 would still be a good idea to add the canister to go.with it right and what do u think about a heater that is online between the canister filter and the tank? Just saw one today that looked pretty good
Old 10-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to black hills tj Send a message via MSN to black hills tj Send a message via Yahoo to black hills tj
Quote:
Originally Posted by philab1709 View Post
With a 55 would still be a good idea to add the canister to go.with it right and what do u think about a heater that is online between the canister filter and the tank? Just saw one today that looked pretty good
I've never had any problems with my Aquaclear filters. They are great little filters, but adding a canister wouldn't hurt one bit. I have a Hydor inline heater on my 75g tank with a Rena XP4, and I love it.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #9

i had aquaclear 110, thing was silent for a week, then it started rattling from the lid, returned it and got another, 1 week later it started rattling too. Bad lid design for sure, but otherwise great filter.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayt View Post
i had aquaclear 110, thing was silent for a week, then it started rattling from the lid, returned it and got another, 1 week later it started rattling too. Bad lid design for sure, but otherwise great filter.
Mine don't, would be an easy fix with a little silicone though.

Tags
aquaclear, clear

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com