aquaclear 110

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philab1709

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got an aquaclear 110 for my 55 anybody have any experience with this filter

Hi there,

This post is in the wrong section, but eventually a mod or admin will move it :)

But, to your question!

IME AquaClears are the best HOB filter out there. They are quiet and easy to install, set up and use. You will really like it. They also come with a basket you can put the filter media in, so you can customize what you want to put in the filter. Contrary to what the manufacturer boxes say, you don't need to change the filter cartridges often.

Also, if the intake tube is too long, you can take one of them off so that way it isn't. You can also adjust the flow rate as well. To clean the filter media, just fill up a bucket with tank water, take out the basket with the tank cartridges, rinse them in there and they're clean but still preserving the bacteria! :)

To clean the intake tubes, you can swish them around in tank water as well or use pipe cleaners to clean them.

Hope this helped you with the filter! :)

Moved to General Hardware/Equipment Discussion.

I have lots of experience with this filter. Is there something specific you need to know? It's a great filter and as long as you maintain it well, it should last a long time.

Excellent and thanks was going to get a rena xp2 as well

With a 55 would still be a good idea to add the canister to go.with it right and what do u think about a heater that is online between the canister filter and the tank? Just saw one today that looked pretty good

With a 55 would still be a good idea to add the canister to go.with it right and what do u think about a heater that is online between the canister filter and the tank? Just saw one today that looked pretty good

I've never had any problems with my Aquaclear filters. They are great little filters, but adding a canister wouldn't hurt one bit. I have a Hydor inline heater on my 75g tank with a Rena XP4, and I love it.

i had aquaclear 110, thing was silent for a week, then it started rattling from the lid, returned it and got another, 1 week later it started rattling too. Bad lid design for sure, but otherwise great filter.

That's awesome one less thing in the tank can't wait to get my setup running

I love mine. I modded it into a fuge for my 10gal fuge. I've noticed that the impeller if it gets sand into it it'll eat it up fast. Replacement shaft isnt too cheap though.

Back
Top Bottom