aquaclear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman42

Aquarium Advice Addict
just ordered an aquaclear 50 on amazon for only $25!
the shipping was free so i saved $6 on that, and i bought it on amazon for 56 percent off of list price. ::score!
on my 40 gallon tank i have a total of 225 gph filtration, and one of my filters is a large in tank whisper 20i. this filter takes up tons of tank space
the aquaclear alone is 200 gph, and my aquaeon filter is 100 gph, so 300 gph sound pretty good to me :) atm i have a bunch of little particles, and i was hoping this filter would eliminate this.
the filter is 7 in by 4 in by 6.5 in.
does the 4 in mean that it is 4 inches wide? if so i may have to take some water out of my tank, and move it forward:(.
it would be awesome if i could get some feedback from some aquaclear owners:)
thanks

I have an AC 50 and an AC 70. And i LOVE them. The 50 is on my 40 gallon an it does a good job, but i would recommend another filter as a side-kick.

If they stop running, just take them off and mess with the intake/propellor (sp?). They should work then!

okay im going to run my aquaclear 10 which does 100 gph, and is a great filter. how are the 50's noise wise?

gman42 said:
okay im going to run my aquaclear 10 which does 100 gph, and is a great filter. how are the 50's noise wise?

All i hear is the splashing of the outtake. Thats it

I saw that deal! I wanted to get some SOOO bad but I can't :(

Let me say this-I have two filters, the Marineland that makes a bit of noise and the AquaClear. Whenever I unplug the Marineland, I don't hear anything. That, my friend, is how quiet AquaClears are.

bruinsbro1997 said:
I saw that deal! I wanted to get some SOOO bad but I can't :(

Let me say this-I have two filters, the Marineland that makes a bit of noise and the AquaClear. Whenever I unplug the Marineland, I don't hear anything. That, my friend, is how quiet AquaClears are.

I have the exact same thing on my 40..sometimes you creep me out bruins...lol! Jk:)

I totally agree, silent as can be. :D

I have the exact same thing on my 40..sometimes you creep me out bruins...lol! Jk:)

I totally agree, silent as can be. :D

You creep me out...how did you get the exact same thing as me..:lol:

The only thing to be careful of is when you clean it and put it back again. You need to fill it up with water. If you have it run dry, you could fry the impeller and it would be rendered useless, which isn't fun. Also, some people complain they hear it vibrating/rattling. I have never had this happen, but it could be because the AC is rubbing against something or in an awkward position.

JMO.

okay thanks, im so excited! i should get it in 5-8 business days, but its free shippping.

Back
Top Bottom