Aquaclear 20 Flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veeshun

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently just bought my first HOB filter for my 10 gallon that I had to swap out because it was making a weird noise, well the new one I guess works a little too well lol. This one is perfect however the flow into the tank is so strong that it's blowing my plants and a hole into my sand. I know I can turn down the flow on the U shape intake but I want it to keep filtering at full speed. What are my options for this?

My tank is filled to the point where I can see the water line below the trim, would filling it up more help this?

I also have 2 sponges and 1 bio media bag inside, could I rearrange the basket to bring down the flow?

I recently just bought my first HOB filter for my 10 gallon that I had to swap out because it was making a weird noise, well the new one I guess works a little too well lol. This one is perfect however the flow into the tank is so strong that it's blowing my plants and a hole into my sand. I know I can turn down the flow on the U shape intake but I want it to keep filtering at full speed. What are my options for this?

My tank is filled to the point where I can see the water line below the trim, would filling it up more help this?

I also have 2 sponges and 1 bio media bag inside, could I rearrange the basket to bring down the flow?

Yeah I'd fill up the tank as much as possible, that should help a lot.

After that, I can't think of anything else you can do besides decreasing flow a little

Back
Top Bottom