AquaClear 20 Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, so I got my first aquaclear filter today, I've just had aqueon quietflows before. My quietflows are silent (imagine that) but this aquaclear has this kinda rattle-ly sound to it. It's not the end of the world, but it's right next to my bed. Again, I can definitely sleep though it, I'm just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks!

00youknowit00 said:
Okay, so I got my first aquaclear filter today, I've just had aqueon quietflows before. My quietflows are silent (imagine that) but this aquaclear has this kinda rattle-ly sound to it. It's not the end of the world, but it's right next to my bed. Again, I can definitely sleep though it, I'm just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks!

Definitely not normal, mine ran smooth first time I used it. Try filling it up with water. Then, if it's still not working, check the propellor.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Definitely not normal, mine ran smooth first time I used it. Try filling it up with water. Then, if it's still not working, check the propellor.

Well yeah I did that, it's running and everything. It's just making a sound while working fine.

00youknowit00 said:
Well yeah I did that, it's running and everything. It's just making a sound while working fine.

Hmm. Give it a day or two and see if it goes away.

Is the intake tube directly where the propellor is?

bruinsbro1997 said:
Hmm. Give it a day or two and see if it goes away.

Is the intake tube directly where the propellor is?

Yup, I've tried the obvious things. Only thing I haven't tried is getting a new one haha.

Update: so I returned it a got a new one. It may be a little quieter but not a whole lot. Maybe it's because I'm use to my Aqueon Quietflow's, those things are dead silent!!

I love the filter besides the noise, again, it's not crazy loud or anything, just louder than my others.

I have mine in my bedroom too and the only noise I hear is the water trickling out of it!

I had a aquaclear 20 on my 10 gallon tank and I really didn't like it.

Since its a hang on back filter it has a strong water fall effect from the output.

The lid rattled a lot on mine.

IMO I would get a underwater filter fluval U1 or U2.

They are Silent!

mfdrookie516 said:
Did you put the lid on? Mine had a rattling noise with the lid... so I opted to remove them. Never heard them after that.

I tried lid off too. Still a little rattle kind of noise. I dunno, maybe it's just not living up to my expectations. I always heard how quiet they were. Now I've had two and they aren't close to silent..

I tried lid off too. Still a little rattle kind of noise. I dunno, maybe it's just not living up to my expectations. I always heard how quiet they were. Now I've had two and they aren't close to silent..
Maybe you're just overly sensitive to the noise? Seriously, I can't hear mine running. I don't sleep next to it though, so that may be why.

mfdrookie516 said:
Maybe you're just overly sensitive to the noise? Seriously, I can't hear mine running. I don't sleep next to it though, so that may be why.

Well, I think the problem is that I'm use to my Aqueon QuietFlows that I have, cause those are dead silent.

Well without the lid on it I don't hear it anymore. I think since I was specifically listening for it, it seemed really loud.. This second one is definitely quieter than the first one though.

Back
Top Bottom