aquaclear 300

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, that is the manufacturer's rating, but you can't really count on that for HOBs IMO. It would be different if the rating were for a canister, but for HOBs I like to turn the water over about 10x/hour. I use the AC 300 on my 29 gallon tank and I really like it, but I would probably feel ok about using it on tanks up to 50 gallons. JMO :D

yah the reason i was asking was because i wanted to set up my 55 already and was thinking about using the AquaClear 300 i have on my 29 for the 55.. i know it'll look goofy but i was thinking of running that with the filter from my established 10 gal i took down recently, it has been running since i took it down in the 29 gal.

I run 2 tanks with AC HOB and Fluval canisters.
It gives me 1 filter still running if one breaks down plus I can clean them alternately.

Thx,

dave

the 300 works awesome on a 55gal. Its what we had on our first setup and it worked like a charm. On our newer setup we have a biowheel and I hate it. The aquaclear was MUCH better and even after an intense cleaning would have the water sparkling clear in an hour or two. I highly recommend them.

Running a canister and a HOB? What kinda turnover do you get Xzap? I may just do that one of these days when i get a canister.

I have an aquaclear 70.. used to be aquaclear 300 right, but i use it on my 55 gallon and i really don't think its adequate... i want to get another one.. LOL.

wow, I'd say that's a touch underpowered. If you lived in my area, I'd give you a bigger filter...as i have 2 extras just sitting around. lol

Acer- if I were you I would go ahead and add the AC 300 from your 29 gallon tank, as well as get another filter. An AC 200 or even another 300 would be fine.

Acer- if I were you I would go ahead and add the AC 300 from your 29 gallon tank, as well as get another filter. An AC 200 or even another 300 would be fine.

I agree with Severum Mama. I would get the AC 300 so that you would have a matching pair and you could use the same type of media between the two of them.

I use this for my 10Gal.. I tested on my 29gal. IMHO this will work upto 29gal if you are looking for some current in water.

im going to look into getting another one, same as mentioned about, i'll probably try to get a matching one, but i dont want to create too much water movement because im going to use my 55 gal for the angelfish..

Oh, good point. Have you thought about getting a canister instead as others suggested? That might help. Or, if you find that the current is too strong for your angels, you could just adjust the flow on the ACs.

Back
Top Bottom