Aquaclear 300 super noisy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay guys so I've kept fish for years now and have always used my trusty Aquaclear 300. Now this filter does have some age on it but works fine. But over the past month or so it's gotten super noisy. I know it's not the impeller being worn out because it was replaced maybe 3 months ago and I've checked it and it looks great. Is the filter on its last legs? I've also noticed if the water level falls slightly below the lip of the filter the amount of water it filters falls drastically. Can anyone help me solve this noise issue? Or give me some advice as to whether or not the filter is just going out. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds like he motor is really weak/not aligning correctly. Just a guess. Contact fluval?

Sent from my VS986 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Would they be able to help with it being so old? I heard Aquaclear was bought out a few years ago...would that make a difference

You can probably buy replacement motors. I would ship around or just contact customer support

Sent from my VS986 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I managed to fix it. It was what I figured was wrong. The rod that the impeller sits on has worn down quite a bit on the tip. So I removed it and then filed it down making it smooth again. It works beautifully and is quiet as can be

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom