Aquaclear 50 filter so glad I bought it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I gave up and ordered the aquaclear 50 for my 29 gal. tank. I was using a Whisper 40 HOB that was so noisy I couldn't sleep. No amount of cleaning and reseating the impeller would quieten it. I have been running both filters to give the aquaclear a chance to build up good bacteria. I just gave up today and moved my old filter media into the aquaclear and turned the whisper off. Awww the quiet. All I hear is the gentle flow of water. I have only had it a couple of weeks so I cannot attest to longevity but it sure is quiet. Wish I had taken everyone's advice and ordered it the first time.

That is truly awesome, I hope you continue to have a great experience with it! I just bought an AC70 hob for my 29 gallon tank, and holy cow it sounds like someone threw a handful of bolts into a garbag disposal, I've had mine less than a week and need to call hagen tomorrow and get it sorted out.

It is very good to know how quiet yours is, hopefully I can get mine to the same point.

Sorry you are having problems with your Aquaclear. I read a lot about the aquaclear70 giving people problems. I also read that with any of the aquaclears sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you don't. I am just glad I got a good one. I hope it stays quiet.

Back
Top Bottom