Aquaclear 50 making noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aspencer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My filter is making noise so I took it apart, rinsed out the impeller and motor and it still makes noise on an off...sort of a whinning vibrating noise then stops and runs but still a little noisy....it is pretty new, less than 3 months old.

Any know a fix?

The actual filter stops or the noise? You may need a new impeller. How does it look? Worn/scratches on it?

The actual filter stops or the noise? You may need a new impeller. How does it look? Worn/scratches on it?
It starts make dull screaching noise off and on with a constant rattling noise but continues to work.

It makes sense I might need a new impeller...I have a 20g with sand and the sand gets into the filter...

If the sand is getting into the filter, than that is the source of the problem. you will need to add a piece of sponge over the intake to prevent the intake of sand. An AC insert works well for this. However, you may have to take steps to repair any damage done to this point

Back
Top Bottom