Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Give it a few weeks to 'break in' and was previously mentioned you will hardly notice it, if at all. You will get used to the sound very quickly. It's the fact that your listening out for it, when your in the room, that makes it louder!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryluv View Post
The good news about your questions is that you are probably not the only one with them. To call an Aquaclear filter relatively quiet is accurate. To call it silent is not. Nothing with moving parts iike this is totally silent. The resonance from the lid does amplify the very low hum of the motor. I'm not sure there are any HOB filters out there that are any quieter, though. You'll be pleased to know I set up my QT in the bedroom yesterday and I slept right though the quiet hum of the AC 30.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
Give it a few weeks to 'break in' and was previously mentioned you will hardly notice it, if at all. You will get used to the sound very quickly. It's the fact that your listening out for it, when your in the room, that makes it louder!!!
Thanks guys!

Tags
aquaclear, noise

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com