Aquaclear 70

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper828

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright.....Retired the Aqueon Quietflow 30.Put the Aquaclear 70 on the Job!!
The aqueon was a good filter and lived up to its name. The Aquaclear has soooo much more media space. Its quiet other than some sort of viberating sound. I'll figure something out for that though here shortly. Of course is hard to beat experience (hint,hint)........................

Alright.....Retired the Aqueon Quietflow 30.Put the Aquaclear 70 on the Job!!
The aqueon was a good filter and lived up to its name. The Aquaclear has soooo much more media space. Its quiet other than some sort of viberating sound. I'll figure something out for that though here shortly. Of course is hard to beat experience (hint,hint)........................
It might just need to 'break in'. Most HOB's tend to have that issue at first. You could check the impella to make sure it's aligned properly and while you have it out, put some Vaseline on it(impella)....

I did do that hoping for a pre-emptive strike. How ever it is very tolerable I am a little ocd on such things. I put a piece of foam in between the actual motor and tank. It vibrates a little when I cut the flow down. I think it needs time to settle in it is only 45 minutes old...lol....

I did do that hoping for a pre-emptive strike. How ever it is very tolerable I am a little ocd on such things. I put a piece of foam in between the actual motor and tank. It vibrates a little when I cut the flow down. I think it needs time to settle in it is only 45 minutes old...lol....
I agree. It can take a few week for them to settle. Aquaclears have a great rep, so I wouldn't worry!!. In a few days, you'll hardly hear it.....

This aquaclear rocks!! The water is so clear it looks like the fish are swimming in air. I mean unreal clear. Well worth the investment. I thought I had clear water...psshh....Aint no comparison!!!

This aquaclear rocks!! The water is so clear it looks like the fish are swimming in air. I mean unreal clear. Well worth the investment. I thought I had clear water...psshh....Aint no comparison!!!
Add some filter floss and it'll keep it like that.....

Add some filter floss and it'll keep it like that.....

Oh yeah,did and did. I,m gonna run my media configuration by ya'll. Tell me if I can change it up for better results:

First is the original sponge it came with, Second is that blue backin' stuff. I wasn't real sure but I put the blue side down,where the water hits it first. Third is filter floss,Then my purigen. On top is another layer of filter floss, then I took the plastc blue thing (bio-filter) from my aqueon and laid it down. It was covered with the BB,thought I could use that for seed.Then on top I laid the Bio-Max.
Thoughts?.....Advice?...

Thanks again for all the great info and support!!!

looks good i have a aquaclear 110 i was thinking about putting on my 75 now i might do it by hearing you lol

looks good i have a aquaclear 110 i was thinking about putting on my 75 now i might do it by hearing you lol

Do....try it....you can always go back..lol. I am really pleased with the results!!!

One of good friends has a 110 on his 75. He really pushed me toward the aquaclear. Of course you can't argue with results!! His tank looks awesome!! He just added some purigen as well.....I want a bigger tank....lol.....

Also check the cover sometimes they vibrate. I had to completely remove it from my 110 it rattled so bad. My 2 70's are 10-15 years old and don't make a sound. But they were made better back then. The new ones have a different feel to the plastic and seem to have rattle issues more.

Also check the cover sometimes they vibrate. I had to completely remove it from my 110 it rattled so bad. My 2 70's are 10-15 years old and don't make a sound. But they were made better back then. The new ones have a different feel to the plastic and seem to have rattle issues more.

Actually ended up being the "u-tube". Wher it meets the plate right above the motor. I just push down on it. It is silent running filter!!

Back
Top Bottom