Aquaclear 70 dimensions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Dirty

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone tell me how much room is needed for the aquaclear 70 filter? How much is needed between the tank and the wall? Do aquaclear filters make much noise? Thanks!

I don't have exact dimensions, but I left 5 inches between tank and wall for room for my reef octopus skimmer, and there's a good 2-3 inches of clearance left... Very quiet. Make sure you level the filter with the tab on the bottom, mine wasn't exactly level at first and was clanking a bit. Great filter though.

I have an aquaclear 20 and an aqualclear 50. I love the filters, but they are kind of loud IMO. They are both in my room and it took a little bit to get used to sleeping with them on. They kind of make this rattling noise. I followed the instructions when putting them together so I don't think I did anything wrong when building them.

Yes, they are leveled. I originally thought I had just got a noisy filter but then when I got the second one and it made the same racket I thought it was pretty weird...

Nice Dirty... I was a 1/2" off... Not bad for just thinking about it :cool:

okapizebra said:
Yes, they are leveled. I originally thought I had just got a noisy filter but then when I got the second one and it made the same racket I thought it was pretty weird...

Have u made sure the intake clicked in? There's actually 2 clicks you should feel... The intake tube when you put it in, and then it will click as you move it to the left for the highest flow... The directions point this out if I remember correctly...

Have u made sure the intake clicked in? There's actually 2 clicks you should feel... The intake tube when you put it in, and then it will click as you move it to the left for the highest flow... The directions point this out if I remember correctly...

I believe so.. but that'll be something I'll check!

Back
Top Bottom