aquaclear 70 overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZombiesAteMyDog

Aquarium Advice Activist
The last few days my ac70 has been over flowing around the intake tube, even after rinsing the media in tank water it does it

Is this common with the aquaclear filters or is something wrong I need to fix?

It shouldn't do this after a thorough cleaning. Check to ensure (if you haven't already) that the intake tube is firmly in place. I had a similar issue after maintenance and my intake was not in all the way.

If it is overflowing, than the sponges are dirty. Rinsing them will not clean them,. They need to be squeezed vigorously in a container of tank water until they are clean. It will probably take 4 or 5 water changes to get them reasonably clean.

If it is overflowing, than the sponges are dirty. Rinsing them will not clean them,. They need to be squeezed vigorously in a container of tank water until they are clean. It will probably take 4 or 5 water changes to get them reasonably clean.

i second that, you wont believe how dirty they get, i did a very good squeeze of my ac50 sponge in a gallon of old tank water, and the water turned completely black, but that was after a month of not being cleaned. sponge itself did not even look that dirty, just the brown color they turn after awhile that will never go away.

Agreed(y)

Yesterday I cleaned out the sponges of both my AC70's and even after 5 good wringings and rinsing ... gunk was still coming out of them.:eek:

They really do get very clogged!

I clean mine once a month, alternating between the two. I completely break it down. Swish everything in tank water and squeezed the you know what outta the sponge until its practically white and and looking brand new. I then swish the bio max in tank water as well...

I clean the impeller also... Then I get a bottle brush and clean the intake pipes and lastly I clean the inside of the unit itself with a brush and getting all debris out of the housing.

Back
Top Bottom