Aquaclear crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceywater101

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 aquaclear 20s running on my 20 gal long and one of them quit running the day after I bought it. I use moon sand and think thats part of the problem. Are there any ways to bring it back or should I take it back to the lfs.

Have you taken it apart and cleaned out the impeller and housing? There's only one moving part on the Aquaclears and I've found them impossible to truly break. If the gravel chewed up the impeller vanes then you can get a replacement impeller at your LFS. Most likely it's just jammed. I had one stop on me, took it apart and there was a hair wrapped around the impeller...unwound the hair and it started right up.

well I took your advice and cleaned the impeller and housing and I am happy to say its alive again. Thanks for the help

I had an aquaclear stop running after a power outage. Even with priming, the thing would not restart. I unplugged it, made sure the impeller would turn, let it cool down, and it started right back up again.

Back
Top Bottom