Aquaclear filter and UV sterilizer....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have an Aquaclear HOB filter for my 30g tank. I neither have the space for a sump nor do I think a sump is needed for a tank <75g
I would have to do MAJOR remodeling to get a sump, and we just dont have the space (or else I would already own a 125g WITH sump :roll: )

I heard alot of bad stuff about canister filters, and I also do not have the money to just dump one filter and go try out another one

So here is my problem: I have on-and-off issues with ich :rolleyes:
My fish are in and out of my QT tank, the DT has been fishless for weeks in a row but the problem persists (dont think it will ever go away for good).
I researched UV filters/sterilizers and heared alot of good about them and want to get one so I can have the upper hand on my ich problem.
BUT, how in the world do I install, or where do I place that thing when all I have is a HOB filter?!

They make some in tank ones. I was looking into it as well. I think one is the mean green killing machine. lol Not sure how they perform compared to inline ones though.

They make some in tank ones. I was looking into it as well. I think one is the mean green killing machine. lol Not sure how they perform compared to inline ones though.

gotta love this video LOL mean green killing machine
where can I get one like these, anybody have real life experience with it?

They sell them in petsmart I believe and you can try ebay. the smaller model is like $50. Ebay has no name ones for like $30. I've been tossing the idea around but have bigger things I should be doing. hehe

you should first learn to battle ich and get rid of it completely, everyone in the hobby has to do it some time. after you get rid of it be careful adding new fish. always qt them b4 you add them into your main tank. sounds like you need to treat your qt and main tank...then be careful when adding and moving livestock around. maybe its not ich?...

Back
Top Bottom