AquaClear Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikid88

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I purchased a 150w Aquaclear heater.

First thing I noticed, it's very difficult to keep the heater in place. The suction cups slide when doing anything in the tank. The clips seem 'too loose' around the glass cylinder.

I know they aren't full time heaters, and shut off when the temp is reached, but why does it always let the water drop well below the temp before turning on?

Sometimes the water is room temperature, (and it's fall here).

Sometimes it's because the heater randomly slips out of the inconvenient range of minimum/maximum water height, but other times it's still in the right position, but doesn't turn on until I fiddle with it or change temperature.

Does anyone else have problems with these?

Im having the same problem. I thought maybe i just got a defective heater... Guess not. :-/

**** ok, now I know I'm not alone, probably going to return for a more reliable brand.
I'm just glad it's in my shrimp/snail tank and not in with the fish

I've had the same issues recently. I've replaced all my heaters but one with the aqueon pro (black, non glass) heaters. One of the glass ones cracked and started turning white inside last week - thank god I was standing by the tank and heard it! It was only 6-8 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom