Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiesAteMyDog View Post
so I took the filer apart again, lubed the impeller shaft,and then I popped the plastic blade piece off the impeller magnet and wrapped its seat with teflon plumbers tape to snug it up, put it all back together, and its still just as noisy as before.
Call the company. They will ship you a new impeller free of charge.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

The filter may quiet down some after a bio film developes on the magnet. I love the filters, but they do have an element of noise to them. Guess it's a trade off

Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I will give them a call, if its not the impeller what else could it be? as far as I know it is the only moving part yes? the only other thing it could possibly be is if the shaft that the impeller goes on is bent correct? it looks straight as far as I can tell, so hopefully getting a new impeller will fix the problem.

how long did it take you to get the impeller? I want to make sure if it does not work I still have time to get it back to the store for a refund.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I will give them a call, if its not the impeller what else could it be? as far as I know it is the only moving part yes? the only other thing it could possibly be is if the shaft that the impeller goes on is bent correct? it looks straight as far as I can tell, so hopefully getting a new impeller will fix the problem.

how long did it take you to get the impeller? I want to make sure if it does not work I still have time to get it back to the store for a refund.
3-4 days it was at my house and yes that's the ONLY moving part in the system

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 03-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

the noise is annoying, but I agree I love the filter, if I wasnt able to sort it out i would probably just learn to live with it and hope it goes away, of course this is after i exhaust all of my options, such as getting the new impeller and then exchanging it.

thanks for the quick reply convict, I hope I dont have to go through what you went through to get the impeller dealing with crappy CS lol.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

And honestly if you did all that cleaning etc, I'm not sure why its making so much noise. Mine are so quite. I don't get it.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

I dont get it either, its very odd, I took the lid off, made sure 3 or 4 times its level and sitting right, made sure everything fit together tight, I lubed the impeller shaft I put the plumbers tape on the seat of the plastic piece,

I even thought maybe it had something to do with the way it was in contact with the tank, and lifted the filter up so it was not touching the tank at all but was still functioning, and it still made the noise, I am gonna try and take some video of it right now and see if I can capture the noise its making.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

I get some noise from the cover vibrating, sounds like a buzzing noise. You might try taking the lid off, and see if it helps.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

oh man alive, when you called did it repeat this message over and over? "thank you for calling hagen, our hours are 8:30 am til 4:30 pm est, please do not hang up and redial" over and over and over and over, must have heard it 25 times now.

I wonder if they are open on saturday since it does not list which days those hours are for.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
oh man alive, when you called did it repeat this message over and over? "thank you for calling hagen, our hours are 8:30 am til 4:30 pm est, please do not hang up and redial" over and over and over and over, must have heard it 25 times now.

I wonder if they are open on saturday since it does not list which days those hours are for.
No it gave me options for tech, customer service etc etc etc.

Tags
aquaclear, clear, video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com