Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just called. Got the same thing. I'm going to assume there open since its saying to wait for the operator and the calls are answered in the a ordered they are received.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

here is a video of my filter running, its pretty loud, it doesn't come across quite as loud in the video as it is when you are in the same room as it, but you can still tell it is pretty darn noisy.

also, I was on hold with hagen maybe 25 minutes, I have to run some errands, I will call them back when I get back, if I dont get an answer guess I will have to call back monday morning.

also this embeded video is doing some crazy things on my end, here is the youtube upload -
Attached Files

Old 03-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

just got home right now, as apposed to getting quieter, it has gotten quite a bit louder, had no luck getting through to hagen today, will have to call them monday morning, and get used to having the sound of a paper shredder running non stop til I receive the part heh.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow!!! That's LOUD!!! Man this is bugging me out! I NEVER thought it was gonna be that loud. Almost sounds like a bad bad vibration. Definitely call them. Send the video even. I bet you get a new one free shipped right to your door.

Big difference between yours and mine. Sorry you gotta go through that bro.

Oh and I subbed!! Sub me back

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 03-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

so I called hagen, I told them about my problem and I told them how highly recommended the filter came, and I told them just how loud it was and offered to send them the video of the sound it was making , they suggested I lube the shaft and reseat the impeller and all the standard malarky , when I informed them I tried all that several times, her reply was for me to send them my motor and they would send me a new one.

well that would be great if this wasn't my my aquarium filter that I am using and w/o it my fish will die,when I told her this her reply was "well, um, um, that stinks" then she suggested and I return it to the store for an exchange, I have called the store and they said they dont have anymore in stock and it will be a while before they get them back in.

she at this point basically told me I am screwed and she is sorry I am having so many problems with their product I forked over a fair ammount of cash for.

life time guarantee? really? I even asked about the impeller and she just said, sorry this is our policy.

so very very frustrated, and mad, I know these are supposed to be great filters, but I dont know , I really like the flow and how customizable it was, but where do I go from here after basically being told tough poo from the "customer service" and I use that term very very lightly.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this, I called and within 4 days I had a new impeller in the mail. I'm very disappointed in there customer service.

Shoot me a PM, I'd like to help if I can. I'll call them and see if I can get further with them. If anything she should have realized that the filter is in use and can't be removed so... Send the new motor with a pre paid shipping label and you'll be happy to send it out.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

I made her aware that it was in use on the tank and I didn't have a back up, that's when she suggested taking it back to the store, when I said that wasn't possible her reply was that I could buy a new motor and then I can send in mine and if they find something wrong with it they will credit me for the new motor, I laughed, so you want me to spend more money on more possibly defective equipment? And then MAYBE you will credit me back? I am pretty sure this lady was smoking crack ...

I am in the middle of a pwc and then I got some errands to run, when I get back I am going to call and ask for a manager, if that doesn't get me anywhere ill shoot you a pm and see what we can do together to get them to listen heh.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiesAteMyDog View Post
I made her aware that it was in use on the tank and I didn't have a back up, that's when she suggested taking it back to the store, when I said that wasn't possible her reply was that I could buy a new motor and then I can send in mine and if they find something wrong with it they will credit me for the new motor, I laughed, so you want me to spend more money on more possibly defective equipment? And then MAYBE you will credit me back? I am pretty sure this lady was smoking crack ...

I am in the middle of a pwc and then I got some errands to run, when I get back I am going to call and ask for a manager, if that doesn't get me anywhere ill shoot you a pm and see what we can do together to get them to listen heh.
Sounds good! Enjoy your day. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the manager.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

So I called back got some one different, asked for manager, manager is out to lunch so I told this lady what my problem was and what the last lady said and she seemed genuinely shocked and is sending me out a new impeller tomorrow and said see if that fixes it then go from there.

Much better service 2nd time around, I do inbound customer service for one of the biggest cell phone companies and one that prides its self on good customer service, if I did what that lady did I would be fired so fast my head would spin like Linda Blair.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha awesome. I knew it would work out. When I called they did the same thing. I got it in 4 days

Tags
aquaclear, clear, video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com