Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

AquaClear media Rebate

Hi, I just found this rebate form. It says if you have bought a new filter that they will rebate you on your first years supply of carbon and filter blocks. I knwo most don't replace their filter blocks but some people like me use carbon in my aquaclears.

Here's the link

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...ediaRebate.pdf

You have a year to collect your recipts and upc's.

Not a bad deal since I just bought a new AC70.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

hey carey did you do the rebate yet? i just bought one that comes with the rebate and upon reading it it looks like once you buy a years worth they will send you the next years worth, im not sure if you read it differently but i was wondering if they send you a check or if they just send you more filter media

Old 02-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You send them the receipt for the filter plus x number of filter media receipts (I think the limit is 6). They send you the same number/type of media to match the receipts. Pretty quick response too.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

so you dont get your money back? you just get an extra years supply seeing as you have already bought one?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

It is one way to get a life time supply of sponges, since they will last up to 10 years. Using the carbon on a regular basis is a waste of money. The space is better utilized by a second sponge.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

I bought an Aquaclear 50 and a years worth of sponges. Sent off my rebate form and UPC's. Got six new sponges in the mail today. Maybe a ten day turnaround.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I just bouth 4 x 3 pack of the foam inserts for my two AC 20's to send in for rebate. I was going to order them online at AquariumGuys as they are the cheapest online. But I was at PetSmart today and they are clearing them for $1.97 per box of 3.

The carbon really helps with orders, I don't know why you say they are worthless. I will be getting those at AG's, since again they are the cheapest on the 3 pack of carbon.

I didn't know people use the sponge's longer than 2 months. I'll have to start doing that, just rinse them out in aquarium water during water changes. But even if they last for months for each one, Getting 12 sponges for $3.94 (after getting the free ones) comes out to 33 cents each. Too good to pass up.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:12 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Cornstar Send a message via Skype™ to Cornstar
What would be the benefit of having two sponges? Is it for the bb?
Old 04-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

An extra sponge can catch extra gunk that goes through the filter. Alot of people dont run carbon so there us usually room to add more than one.

Tags
aquaclear, clear, media

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com