AquaClear Mini For Quarantine Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickkyBobby

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a AquaClear 20 (formerly Mini) That i will be using for my 10 Gallon quarantine tank that im setting up.. I have had the Mini running in my sump for My display tank for a little over a week to get the bioloigal filter jump started.

I have a sponge and the biomax beads in there right now with no charcoal..

My plan is to use the water out of my display tank and take the mini filter and transfer it to the 10 gallon Quarantine tank.

My question is, has the mini filter been in the sump long enough to get the beneficial bacteria and should i use a charcoal bag along with the sponge and biomax beads that are in the filter now?

Ok I'll leave it in for the rest of the week. Should I also use the charcoal media bag also when I put the filter on my quarantine tank
?

I don't think it'll be a problem. You might want to ask someone with a little more marine experience just to be sure.

Ok thanks. I've looked around the forums and most people recommend not using the charcoal at all. I just added 1 more bio max to the filter. I think that should work out nicely . Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom